- The verdict for my DC charges are finally in. Went to court last Wednesday and my lawyer, whom I developed a big crush on, told me that I got offered a 'deferred prosecution agreement,' which is the BEST one I could hope for! So, allz I have to do is 32 hours of community service, stay away from the place that kicked me out (I don't even remember where the bar is, so that's not a problem), and don't get arrested again. Then, my charges will be dismissed. My lawyer, who I call moLester, told me that me snagging this deal was very rare considering I had an assault charge. I told him that I probably got off easy because I was a female and not black. He said that's probably true and more so because I was an "attractive woman" which was married-man-code-words for "I want to bang you." And I got super excited at the thought of banging a powerful lawyer and realized I will always have a fetish for older, powerful, well-dressed men just like I will always have a fetish for teenaged boys. I wonder what that says about my....psychology.
- With my internship being over, I'm trying to knock out my 32 hours of community service ASAP. So far, I've done 12 hours. Today, I spent 2.5 hours sweeping the roadside and sidewalks of a street in DC. I'm sure it was a sight because you're usually accustomed to seeing, like, men of color or immigrant status doing that kind of work (I'm not trying to sound all hoighty-toighty...that's just how it is). One lady even asked me why I was sweeping the sidewalk and I told her why. Oddly enough though, I didn't feel that self-conscious. I just listened to kpop and swept away. My overseer gave me 8 hours for working only 2.5 hours....which I'm very grateful for. I hope it's like that for the rest of my service hours.
- Seeing that my charges will be dismissed very soon, it occurred to me that I don't have to be bound to this area (DMV) or even to the country. I know I said I was considering moving to California but that ship of desire has sailed away....though I am definitely going to visit as soon as I get my fucking financial aid. Anyways, I'm like 75% sure that I want to stay in this area and do some kind of teaching job for a year, maybe at a public school but most likely a private school because a) I'm not mentally ready to go teach abroad by myself (gawd, I'm such a pussy) and b) my other option is moving back to Atlanta and I would probably do exactly what I would be doing here, there, and to me, being in a new area is more exciting than living in an old one. Plus, DC is growing on me and there are so many fun places nearby.
- Right now, I'm living temporarily with my Vietnamese married couple friend Anna. I'm squatting on a futon and my days are spent hanging out with an 11-year old. Oh... this area is Annapolis and I love it. It's like a spread-out Dunwoody, meaning upper-middle class white people who are super polite and live the idyllic suburban life. The weather is so nice too. Right now I'm sitting on the porch, feeling fat because I've been eating like shit and not exercising much.
- My brother, who has been locked up for the past 5 years (I think) got out about two weeks ago!!!! It's bad because even with him out, I still don't want to mooooove back to ATL but dang!! It felt like this day would never come. He works at Wasabi House during the day and goes to his group home during the night. I wish I were there that first day he came out. What a celebration it would've been... and by celebration, the Jeon sisters would have drank themselves into oblivion and Noah would get mad at us and we would cry. Fun times. But the morning of his release, I thought back to what Noah said he wished would be different in five years. For me, he said he wished I would stop drinking by the time he got out. When I thought about this, I started crying alone in my car. But only about three tears or so.... because....
- Overall, my drinking has improved. *fist pump* I mean, I still drink about 5/7 days of the week....but only one of those days is the binge-drinking that I do that gets me into trouble, BUT, I am WAY more responsible when doing that and I have NOT had one of my outbursts. Like, that desire to get trashed and act a fool has disappeared. I didn't realize that desire existed til I acknowledged it at one of my therapy sessions. I really enjoyed my therapy sessions...too bad my graduating means I can't get them anymore. *sad face*
- I really like Miley's body.
People are saying she's anorexic. Bitch, she ain't anorexic. She's fit. She does pilates (trained by the woman who created pilates) and she probably has a dietitian (did you know that's how it's spelled?!) so she is able to eat clean and has someone who cooks it for her. Fuck.. I'm 100% convinced that if I were rich, I would be 100% happy. And all I would do is exactly what Miley does...workout, hang out with her hot bf (though I wouldn't be committed to a bf...but she is 19 and has the time), smoke weed all day, and go out with her gfs at night or go on vacations. That, to me, is the life.
"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives."
I love that quote. Okay.... gonna go twerk out.